Acclaimed independent publisher Pushkin Press is looking for an Editorial Assistant to join our team. This exciting and busy role is an opportunity for someone with a grounding in publishing to work with our editors across Pushkin’s adult and children’s imprints developing editorial skills as well as providing key administrative support.
- Supporting editors working on a variety of fiction, non-fiction and children’s titles, and working closely with the Managing Editor, as well as liaising with the sales, design, marketing and publicity teams, authors and translators
- Proofreading, copy-writing, proof checking and clearing permissions
- Writing AIs and maintaining the BiblioLive database
- Prize and translation grant administration
- Overseeing the ebook publishing programme
- Administrative tasks including minute taking, phone and email queries, post
- Reading and reporting on manuscripts
Essential skills include:
- Industry experience, ideally in editorial
- A voracious reader with demonstrable interest in Pushkin’s publishing
- An energetic and flexible approach to work, self-motivated with excellent organisational, time management and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
Pushkin Press was founded in 1997 and now encompasses Pushkin Children’s Books, Pushkin Vertigo, and ONE. We publish around 70 titles per year across our imprints.
Please apply to email@example.com by Wednesday 10th July with a covering letter explaining why you want to work at Pushkin Press, your CV. Salary dependent on experience.