Pushkin Press is looking for a part-time book cover designer to work on a wide variety of covers across our imprints. This is an exciting role for someone with experience of book cover design who is looking for a flexible working week. You will be responsible for a wide variety of covers, including original creatives and adapts, as well as artworking. You will liaise with the editorial and production teams to ensure timely delivery of cover artwork across Pushkin’s adult and children’s imprints, including reprints and new editions.
– Original creatives for a number of titles across the Pushkin imprints
– Adaptation of existing cover designs, e.g. US takeovers, new editions
– Art direction, commissioning and working with illustrators, picture research
– Working with in house editorial and production teams, and weekly cover meeting
– Ad hoc design projects for the marketing and digital teams
Essential skills include:
– Versatile and creative design portfolio
– Strong artworking skills
– Ability to manage a full and varied workload and to work collaboratively with editorial and production teams, keeping titles to schedule
Pushkin Press was founded in 1997 and now encompasses Pushkin Children’s Books, Pushkin Vertigo, and ONE. We publish around 70 titles per year across our imprints.
This will be a two-day a week role, and an initial one year contract with the possibility of extension.
Please apply to email@example.com by 26th September with a covering letter, CV and portfolio, and stating your current salary.