We’re looking for an editorial assistant to join our team! This exciting and busy full-time role is an opportunity for someone with a grounding in publishing to work with our editors across Pushkin’s adult and children’s imprints developing editorial skills as well as providing key administrative support.
- Supporting editors working on a variety of fiction, non-fiction and children’s titles, and working closely with the managing production editor, as well as liaising with the sales, design, marketing and publicity teams, authors and translators
- Organising and preparing sales materials including AI sheets, catalogues and presentations
- Proofreading, copy-writing, proof checking and clearing permissions
- Prize and translation grant administration
- Overseeing the ebook publishing programme
- Administrative tasks including maintaining the BiblioLive database, minute taking, contract logging, phone and email queries
- Reading and reporting on manuscripts
Essential skills include:
- Industry experience (1 year minimum), ideally in editorial
- A voracious reader with demonstrable interest in Pushkin’s publishing
- An energetic and flexible approach to work, self-motivated with excellent organisational, time management and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
Pushkin Press was founded in 1997 and now encompasses Pushkin Children’s Books, Pushkin Vertigo (our crime imprint) and ONE (publisher of the Man Booker-shortlisted The Fishermen). We publish around 70 titles per year across our imprints.
Pushkin Press welcomes applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 22nd November with a covering letter, CV and stating your current salary.