Acclaimed independent publisher Pushkin Press is looking for an Editorial Assistant to join our team. This exciting and busy role is an opportunity for someone with a grounding in publishing to work with our editors across Pushkin’s adult and children’s imprints developing editorial skills as well as providing key administrative support.
• Supporting editors working on a variety of fiction, non-fiction and children’s titles, and working closely with the managing production editor, as well as liaising with the sales, design, marketing and publicity teams, authors and translators
• Proofreading, copy-writing, proof checking and clearing permissions
• Writing AIs and maintaining the BiblioLive database
• Prize and translation grant administration
• Overseeing the ebook publishing programme
• Administrative tasks including minute taking, phone and email queries, post
• Reading and reporting on manuscripts
Essential skills include:
• Industry experience, ideally in editorial
• A voracious reader with demonstrable interest in Pushkin’s publishing
• An energetic and flexible approach to work, self-motivated with excellent organisational, time management and planning skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Strong IT skills
Pushkin Press was founded in 1997 and now encompasses Pushkin Children’s Books, Pushkin Vertigo (our crime imprint) and ONE (publisher of the Man Booker-shortlisted The Fishermen). We publish around 70 titles per year across our imprints.
Please apply to email@example.com by Monday 11th March with a covering letter explaining why you want to work at Pushkin Press, CV and stating your current salary.